Order number R1001
The RC-SOCCERBOT is an extremely versatile robot which can be used for many different applications; it is also capable of expansion using a wide range of optional components.
At one extreme the robot can be operated without any knowledge of computer languages. At the other, it provides an interesting means of learning or improving knowledge of the programming language C++, with the use of a comprehensive array of sensors and actuators.
The robot is driven by three omni-wheels which are mounted on the platform, offset by 120°. This arrangement provides the basic ability to perform extremely agile, high-speed manoeuvres. The integral power shot mechanism enables the ball to take part in robot football matches, shooting goals and skilfully dribbling around opponents without requiring any separate programming.
Right from the outset, the robot is capable of basic movements including forward, back, left, right, and power shot, without requiring programming. In this mode all you need is any GRAUPNER/JR 40 MHz stick transmitter with at least six functions, and the matching RB 14 SCAN receiver (Order No. R9100). A little creativity is called for with the clear bodywork moulding supplied in the set; this can be finished in any scheme you like using paint or stickers.
- Solid base plate
- Power shot mechanism.
- Three drive motors fitted with omni-wheels and metal gearboxes.
- High-performance CPU board with Atmel Atmega128 controller (firmware contains basic movements as standard).
- Clear, high-quality bodywork moulding ready for finishing.
- Cable set with charge socket and main switch (accessible from outside).
- All small items required.
The robot can be controlled as a “footballer” without any programming: all you need for this is a GRAUPNER/JR 40 MHz stick transmitter with at least six functions and the optional RB14 SCAN receiver (Order No. R9100). The basic movements such as forward, back, left, right and power shot can then be controlled proportionally from the transmitter, guaranteeing exciting one-on-one games.
Let’s all look forward to the first RC-SOCCERBOT Championships!
The RC-SOCCERBOT can be programmed using the computer language C++, which provides a virtually limitless programming envelope. All you require is the optional programming set, Order No. R7300, which includes a parallel download cable and suitable software.
If you are a beginner to programming, your task is made easier by ready-made functions and the opportunity to write programs using a type of flow-chart.
You can program new dribbling and feinting manoeuvres for the robot football, or call them up from the transmitter.
If the optional sensors are fitted, the robot can operate partially or completely autonomously, which makes matches even more exciting.
Sensor and actuators
The robot provides an interesting means of learning or improving knowledge of the programming language C++, with the use of a comprehensive array of sensors and actuators. Methods of handling and using sensors and actuators are also learned in an interesting way. Special metal components can also be employed for measuring and simulations.
- Atmel ATmega128 controller.
- 16 MHz clock frequency for 16 mio. Instructions per second.
- 128 KB flash memory for programmes.
- 4 KB RAM memory for data.
- 4 KB EPROM.
- I²C Bus for additional components like LC-display, … .
- 2x Button (on board).
- 2x LED (on board).
- 8x analog input for analog sensors (e.g. distance sensor, line sensor).
- 8x digital input for digital sensors (e.g. antenna, bumper, immediate-stop).
- 6x motor output for DC-motors up to 600mA.
- 8x power output 5V (controlled) up to 100mA.
- It´s possible by using the software to operate the 16 input as output (TTL-signal).
- Order No. R7100 Battery pack 6-NiMh1100,7,2V/1,1Ah
- Order No. R7001 Battery charger 7,2V, 120mA
- More any Graupner/JR 40 MHz stick transmitter with at least six functions.
- Order No. R9100 RB14 SCAN receiver
- Order No. R7300 Programming set
Vast range of sensors and actuators.
The illustrations show the robot assembled, with optional parts fitted.